NOTE: For instructions on how to initiate the integration from within AppFolio, please click here for the self-service signup steps.
Overview: The AppFolio and Property Meld integration resolves the issue of double entry in both applications. This article will explain what information is moved between Property Meld and AppFolio and vice versa.
Property Meld to AppFolio Sync
Below is the only information that will currently sync from Property Meld to AppFolio with an active integration.
Melds → Work Orders
Approved Invoices → Bills or Billable Line Items
Approved Invoice PDFs → Attached to Work Order
Approved Expenditures → Billable Line Items
NOTE: The export of invoices as bills or billable line items will trigger when the invoice is marked Approved in Property Meld.
Managing your General Ledger Accounts and Markups:
- If you choose to export the Invoice to create bill in AppFolio the General Ledger Account you selected during set up may need to be adjusted.
- If you choose to export the Invoice as billable items in the work order the vendor assigned GL account and markups will auto apply when the bill is created
- If you choose to export the Invoice as a PDF that will be attached to the work order
Invoice export setting options below:
AppFolio to Property Meld Sync
Below is the information that will sync from AppFolio to Property Meld. The sync schedule is approximately every 2 hours after the information has been entered into AppFolio.
Inviting Vendors to Meld:Vendors will need to be manually selected and synced. See steps below:
To access Integration Settings, click and click Integrations.
Click appfolio card.
Click SELECT VENDORS.
- *If a unit is deactivated or hidden in AppFolio, you'll need to deactivate in Property Meld. This is not done automatically to prevent any open work orders from being closed out prematurely on deactivated units.*
- For any units listed as 'non-revenue' or another status in AppFolio that you do not need to be active in Property Meld, you can either (a) create a property group for these and exclude that property group in your Stack, OR (b) you can deactivate them in Meld post-import.
Meld Status and Corresponding Status in AppFolio