What's a Workflow?
Meld Workflows are a way for property managers to easily automate how Melds work. Workflows are designed to help your team move faster and automate manual tasks that are required during the Meld process.
*Getting Started with Workflows Help Guide Attached at the bottom of this article*
Every workflow must start with a trigger event. Events fall into one of two categories – time events and change events. Change events are records of activity that have been generated by users or Property Meld. For example, when a resident sends a message a new "Meld Comment Created" event will be generated.
Conditions are criteria that, when met, determine which next step in a workflow should be taken. Conditions can also be set on the initial trigger event to further narrow the scope of the workflow. For example, you can add the condition ‘Meld Assigned’ with the operator ‘Before’ to be prompted to enter a date.
Actions are instructions to conduct an activity within the application. For example, sending a chat message from a template. Actions can also be workflow-specific. For example, a delay action will pause the execution of the workflow for a specific amount of time.
NOTE: for instructions on creating chat templates, please refer to Using Chat Templates.
Let's Get Started!
NOTE: By default, only Admin users will have access to Workflows. If you'd like someone to have access that does not already you can either change their role to Admin using: Change a User's Role or refer to Creating Custom Roles and Setting Permissions for details on how to create a new role.
Here's an interactive tutorial
1. The first step is to log into Property Meld and click Melds.
2. Click Workflows.
3. Your current Workflows will be listed under the Workflows Tab.
4. Preset Workflows ready for customization will be listed under the Templates Tab.
5. Click Create With Template to create a Workflow using a desired Template.
6. Click Create Workflow, to create a Workflow from scratch.
7. Type a Workflow Name.
8. Select a Workflow Trigger Event.
9. Click the Select an Optional Condition dropdown.
10. Select the appropriate Condition.
NOTE: Multiple Conditions can be added to a single Workflow. "And" and "Or" conditions allow for total customization.
11. Click the Select an Operator dropdown.
12. Select the appropriate Operator.
Note: See graphic for a break down of Operators related to time.
13. Click the Select dropdown.
14. Select the appropriate Meld Work Category.
NOTE: Dropdown menu options will change corresponding to which Condition is selected.
15. Click the Action dropdown.
16. Select the appropriate Action that you would like to occur.
NOTE: Dropdown menus will change corresponding to which Action is selected.
17. Select the desired option to correspond with the Action.
18. Click Create.
NOTE: An error will display if all required fields are not entered.
19. Click the Workflows header to view and create more Workflows.
20. Once you've created a Workflow, it may be toggled on/off as needed.
Do you like what you see so far?
You've seen here, in brief, the magic of Property Meld Workflows! It's time to unlock your unlimited access by upgrading to our standard pricing. With unlimited Workflows the sky is the limit. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule your meeting to turn this engine on!