As a Property Manager in Property Meld, you can create a Meld request on behalf of a tenant or for work to be done on a Unit without a Tenant.
Click Melds and click New Meld.
Enter your maintenance request information with the following guidance.
- Unit (Required) - Select Unit that needs the maintenance work.
- Location (Required) - The area that needs work to be done in the unit (e.g. Kitchen, Bathroom, Living room etc.).
- Brief Description (Required) - This title will be displayed in any Meld list.
- Detailed Description - Additional details that the Maintenance Coordinators, Maintenance Technician, or Vendors would need to know about the request.
- Priority (Default: Low) - As Property Manager you can also select High or Medium depends on the emergency or based on your maintenance process.
- Category (Required) - The category that this issue falls under (e.g. Appliances, Electrical, Heating/AC, etc.).
- Maintenance - Select the Vendor or Internal Maintenance to assign the Meld. A notification will be sent to the assignee.
- Due Date - Specify a Due Date for this Meld. Utilized through filtering. Refer to How to Customize Filters and Dashboard for additional instruction on how to set up filters.
- Tenant Presence Required (Required) - Don't check the highlighted box if the Tenant Presence is Not Required and you do not want to accept possible appointment windows submitted by the Tenant.
Tenant Presence Required has the following actions that follow when the Meld is created.
- The Property Manager will receive an email notification that the Meld has been created.
- The Tenant will receive an email and/or text (if opted-in) notifications with the option to select possible Appointment Windows.
Recurring Work is used to automatically generate a new Meld for the number of days given the Starting On and Ending On dates.
For more information on Recurring Melds, refer to How to Create a Recurring Request article.