Q. How can I connect with your customer success team?
A. Property Meld provides a robust combination of traditional Email Support Ticketing, in-app Live Chat, a Knowledge Base of help articles, and the ability to make custom videos and walkthroughs for you.
- Help Center (Help Articles, Best Practices, Troubleshooting, FAQ)
- Submit Support Request
- Email Support
- Live Chat (available by clicking Support button in lower-left of Property Meld)
Q. As an Admin or Agent user, what happens when I delete Properties, Units, Tenants, or Melds?
A. There is not currently a way to deactivate any item in Property Meld. Below is a summary of what happens when these items are deleted:
Property or Unit
- Must be deleted by an Admin or Agent User.
- The User will also be prompted to delete corresponding unit(s).
- Deleting a Property or Unit is permanent.
- Melds created during the Property or Unit existence are retained permanently and are searchable.
- In Progress Melds will be canceled.
- Recurring Melds will be deleted.
- Must be deleted by an Admin or Agent User.
- Once deleted, cannot be reactivated- must be re-invited and re-linked to Property.
- Information is available on Melds created during Tenant's existence, but Tenant will be "Unregistered".
- Can be removed from a Unit without deleting the Tenant account and all Tenant information will still be retained.
- Melds can never be deleted by any User.
- Melds provide the audit trail related to maintenance on a specific Property and retention is critical to both the integrity of the system and your legal records.
Q. As an Admin or Agent User, what do I do if I get a 404 error when inviting a Tenant?
A. Log out of Property Meld, Press CTRL+F5 to refresh your browser cache, log into Property Meld, and try again.
Q. As an Admin, Agent, or Maintenance User, what do I do when trying to login fails with "User Already Exists" or completing User Registration fails with "Email Already Exists"?
A. Refer to the following possible solutions.
Q. As an Admin or Agent User, can I generate our own Meld numbers?
A. No. Meld numbers are randomly generated by Property Meld. Property Meld is cloud distributed and shared. Property Meld is not installed at your site. This requires a level of integrity and uniqueness in assigning Meld numbers to avoid collisions between customer data.
NOTE: For those with a system integration (i.e. Rent Manager 12 or Propertyware), the Meld # populates inside the other software's work request record.
Q. As an Admin, Agent, or Maintenance User, why can't I see the Melds that belong to my Property Group in my account?
A. Ensure that you don't have duplicate Property Groups with the same name (and containing different properties). If you're not an Admin user, contact one of your Admin users to ensure that you have been added to all necessary Property Groups.
Q. As an Admin, Agent, or Maintenance User, why do I get "CSRF Failed: CSRF token missing or incorrect" error?
A. This can occur if you have your Property Meld account open in multiple browser tabs or on multiple devices. For your safety, our server performs a routine check for current CSRF tokens in every open instance of Property Meld. Simply refresh your browser, or log out and back in, and this error will resolve.
Q. As an Admin or Agent User, why can't I see my Vendor in the "Active" or "Invited" lists if I've already invited them?
A. The Vendor user in question has accepted their invite but hasn't completed setting up their account. The Vendor will need to log in and complete the account setup, at which time their account will be generated and will appear as expected.
Q. As an Admin, Agent, or Maintenance User, why am I getting notifications in the middle of the night?
A. There are two possible reasons.
- Make sure your time zone is set appropriately.
- Notifications are automatically triggered by actions taken within Property Meld, so it is possible to receive notifications if someone has completed an action at various hours in the night. In addition, if action is being requested and has not been responded to, the timing of automated, repeat notifications may occur at less than ideal times. All Users can prevent these occurrences by promptly responding to texts requiring action.
Q. As any User, why isn't Property Meld showing my current Melds or other current information?
A. There are a few possible resolutions.
- If your organization has recently set up Property Groups, you may need to ensure you have been assigned to the appropriate Property Groups. Only Admin Users can manage Property Group assignment.
- Check your current Filters, verifying that the Filters you've selected aren't set to exclude Melds you wish to see.
- You may need to refresh your browser.
- You may also need to clear your browser's "cache". This is a temporary folder where your browser stores website images and "saved states" of websites. Because Property Meld is a cloud-based software, it periodically needs a freshly-cleaned out cache to load properly. We recommend doing this every couple of weeks. In most browsers, this is defined as BOTH "saved images" and "cookies and site data".
Q. As an Admin or Agent User, how do I understand my Invoice?
A. Property Meld carries your last month's Unit count forward as an estimate of your next month's invoice. If no changes are detected in your Unit count, then your current invoice will be the same as the previous invoice. There is an audit of your net added/deleted Units at the end of every week, and then properly calculate the current total at the end of your billing cycle. This provides the most accurate billing based on a Unit count despite changes during the monthly billing period.
Q. As an Admin or Agent User, why can’t my Owners log into accounts in Property Meld?
A. The Owners of your properties will not have access to a Property Meld user account. We provide notifications only as a free service to your owners. This allows you to focus on doing what you're best at, so they don't have to deal with the hassle of scheduling or invoicing, but they can be kept in the loop.
Q. As an Admin, Agent, or Maintenance User, why can’t I change the status of a Meld that's been marked Complete, Cancelled, or Could Not Complete?
A. When a Meld is changed to [Complete], [Canceled], [Tenant Canceled], [Vendor Could Not Complete], or [Maintenance Could Not Complete] is considered a Closed Meld and is permanently read-only. Even if the Meld was Closed by accident, changing its status is not possible. Melds protect you, your property management team, your company, and the owner’s property and investment by acting as permanent, audit records of your maintenance. Melds are meant to be those records that can be referenced as legal evidence for work performed and become inadmissible if alterable.
Cloning a Meld is the best practice for handling scenarios where Melds were mistakenly handled in order to maintain the integrity of the maintenance records on a Unit.
Q. As an Admin, Agent, or Maintenance User, how can I see what Vendors and/or Tenants see?
A. In addition to viewing these videos (Vendor Orientation, Vendor Invoicing and Payments, Tenant Orientation), you can use your email address to create your own Tenant or Vendor account for testing purposes. A "Switch Accounts" option will be available from Account Settings (gear-icon, upper-right), allowing you to easily transition between accounts. Next, create a Property using your business address (recommended).
Using this process, you'll be able to experience any scenario and see the outcome firsthand.
Q. As an Admin, Agent, or Maintenance User, how can I get my Vendors and Tenants to use Property Meld's automated scheduling (instead of phone calls)?
A. Property Meld works by design to give everyone equal say- and equal accountability -in the scheduling process. Between Vendors and Tenants, neither party has priority in terms of determining the schedule. Even if a Tenant submits appointment requests and their presence is required, the Vendor can reject those times and offer other times. As an Admin, Agent, or Maintenance User, you can also override the scheduled time.
Q. Why are email auto-responder messages (ex. out of office) displayed in Chat Messages from Property Meld Agents?
A. There are no specific protections in the software to eliminate this issue. A recommended best practice is to have the Agent to configure their auto-reply to not reply to the @msg.propertymeld.com domain, or simply have them block/blacklist said domain for the duration of their leave. Alternatively, if your operation uses Property Groups exclusively (all Properties are assigned to Property Groups), then simply un-assign all Property Groups from that Agent for the duration of their leave.
Q. As an Agent or Maintenance User, what phone number is displayed under my name on a Meld?
A. By default, only the Business Phone (if populated) on your User Account Settings will be displayed. Cell Phone or Home Phone will never be displayed on a Meld.
Q. As any User, how do I know which of my phone numbers will receive notifications?
A. Only numbers entered in the "Cell Phone" field in your account will receive notifications. If that field is blank, you won't receive notifications (even if you've previously opted-in).