Attaching files to a Meld is useful for associating images of the condition or work performed. Other files including external vendor invoices or possibly copies of receipts can also be useful when attached to a Meld.
Any user role (e.g. Agent, Maintenance, Vendor, Tenant) can upload a file to a Meld from either a computer or mobile device. By default, an Agent, Maintenance Coordinator, or assigned Maintenance Technician can view the files attached to a Meld. All other users (e.g. Tenants, Vendors, and Owners) need a file to be shared from the Meld in order to view the file. The exception is if the Vendor or the Tenant uploaded the file.
Important Upload and Sharing Notes:
- Tenants can only upload Image or Photo file types.
- Vendors can upload any file type.
- Maintenance Coordinators or Maintenance Technicians can upload any file type.
- Files can be uploaded to a Meld, Tenant, or Vendor.
- Upload file size limit is 20 MB (per file).
- Files cannot be uploaded via email or text message. The user must upload a file directly through the Property Meld Application.
- Notifications are only sent from the Share operation, not by simply uploading a file.
- Vendors can view, by default, all images uploaded by a Tenant. No explicit file sharing required.
- For privacy reasons, files uploaded by Maintenance Coordinators (or by previously assigned Vendors) are not automatically shared with the current Vendor. Explicit file sharing with newly assigned Vendor required.
- By default, an Owner is not shared any file uploaded to a Meld. Explicit file sharing is required.
- Downloading or Deleting
- Selecting multiple files to download results in a single file (*.zip) requiring the file to be extracted to view the files contained in the compressed file. Most operating systems allow a user to simply double-click a *.zip file to extract the contents.
- Downloading or Deleting multiple files is supported.
- By default, those who upload a file to a Meld are those who are able to delete the file.
- There are a few exceptions to the default rule above.
- If a Vendor uploaded a file, and then the Meld is either reassigned to a different Vendor or cloned, the Vendor's files will become the Property Manager's files.
- Then, only the Property Manager can delete them.
- Additionally, Property Managers (or Vendors, Tenants) can delete other Property Manager's (or Vendor Agent's, Tenant's) files.
From a Meld, navigate to the bottom and find CLICK, TOUCH, OR DRAG AND DROP TO UPLOAD.
- If using a computer or workstation, you will be prompted by your file explorer to select the file you wish to attach.
- If using a mobile device, your device's camera or file explorer prompt will open.
Follow your system's prompts to upload your files which will be attached to the Meld.
- Image files (ex. jpeg, png, bmp, etc.) will appear with a corresponding thumbnail image.
- Document files (ex. doc, docx, pdf, etc.) will appear with a default "document" thumbnail image.
- Video files (ex. mpeg, wmv, mov, etc.) will appear with a default "video" thumbnail image.
- Most common file types are supported with the exception of what some mobile devices will allow.
NOTE: Uploaded files are categorized by Tenant Photos, Vendor Files, and Files when viewing a Meld (as in the screenshot below) as a Maintenance Coordinator or Maintenance Technician.
Once files are uploaded and displayed in a card view, you can select the file(s) using the checkbox (upper-left of card view).
Alternatively, click actions (gear-icon, upper-right of card view) and click Share to share an individual file.
Actions for select files buttons are displayed including SHARE FILES or DELETE FILES.
Click on SHARE FILES.
The Share Files dialog allows you to select which users to share the selected file(s).
Click the SHARE button.
Users will be notified via email and/or text message of the file sharing depending on their notification settings.
Download or Delete Files
From a single file card view, clickactions and click Download or Delete on an individual file.
Alternatively, you can select the file(s) using the checkbox (upper-left of card view). Selecting one or more files using the checkbox only exposes a DOWNLOAD FILES or DELETE FILES button(s).
Click Download to download the file.
Click Delete to permanently remove file attached to the Meld.