Turns are an important part of the business which is why we've included some best practices on HOW you can do turns using Property Meld efficiently.
1. Create a meld with brief description *TURN* (starting date) to (ending date).
2. Assign the meld to yourself so you keep this whole process in front of you.
3. Create/add a tag to the meld with the name "TURN".
4. Clone the meld for each work that needs to be done. For example: If the house needs to be repaired, painted and cleaned, then you have to clone the meld three times.
- Replace the dates from the brief description with the starting and ending dates for that job
- Remove the tag from the cloned melds
- Assign it to the appropriate maintenance person
Removing the tags on the individually cloned melds mean your dashboard keeps a count of the TURNS but not the cloned melds.
5. Each vendor/technician can schedule the appointments between the dates indicated on the brief description and complete their work orders.
6. Once all the vendors complete their work orders, you can remove the tag from the original meld and mark it as completed.
How to view all the "Turn" melds on your dashboard
1. Click on the drop-down next to the current filter and click on "Add Filter" at the bottom.
2. Check the box for "Meld Tags", type the tag name "TURN" in the box and select the tag. Select all the pending meld statuses to get all the open melds and click on "Apply Filters".
3. Click on "Save" button next to the "New Filter", name the filter as "TURNS" and click on "Save Filter".
4. Now go to your dashboard and you will see your filter under Private filters.
5. Click on the filter to see all the turn melds in one place.