We understand that bidding is a critical part of the maintenance process. As part of this, we've added a few helpful ways that can help you utilize meld for the fastest and easiest way to bid!
How to create individual bid requests for vendors:
1. Create (or edit) a meld with a brief description starting with *BID ONLY*, so the vendor/technician will know that the meld is for bidding. This ensures that all communication (email or texting) includes the verbiage for bidding.
2. Assign the meld to yourself so you keep this bidding process in front of you.
3. Create/add a tag to the meld with the name "JOB PENDING BID".
4. Clone the meld for each vendor/tech you wanting to have bid the work, remove the tag from the cloned melds and assign it to the vendors. Remove the tags on the individually cloned melds mean your dashboard keeps a count of the JOBS and not the individual bids themselves.
5. Each vendor can process their own bid and can upload their bid or use chat function to notify you the cost of the repair.
6. Once you have selected the winner of the bid, open the original meld that's assigned to you and edit it. Remove the "BID ONLY* from the brief description by editing the meld and assign it to the winner.
7. Remove the tag "JOB PENDING BID" from the original 'parent meld':
How to view all the melds pending bidding on your dashboard:
1. Click on the drop-down next to the current filter and click on "Add Filter" at the bottom.
2. Check the box for "Meld Tags", type the tag name "Job Pending BID" in the box and select the tag. Select all the pending meld statuses to get all the open melds and click on "Apply Filters".
3. Click on "Save" button next to the "New Filter", name the filter as "Job Pending BIDS" and click on "Save Filter".
4. Now go to your dashboard and you will see your filter under Private filters.
5. Click on the filter to see all the bidding melds in one place.