As a Resident in Property Meld, you can create a Meld request. A Meld request is a maintenance request that is sent directly to your property manager for handling. Property Meld is the software company that supports this interaction; however, there are instances where Residents mistake Property Meld for the property management company. The Support button at the bottom left of the Property Meld application is meant specifically for software-related questions. The Support button does not provide communication to your property manager.
NOTE: The Meld request you enter cannot be altered (e.g. description) after your Property Manager assigns the Meld request to maintenance for completion.
Armed with this knowledge, the following steps demonstrate the simplicity of creating a maintenance request (a Meld).
Click Meld Requests and click New Meld.
If your Property Manger has provided Emergency handling instructions, those instructions are displayed at the top of the New Meld.
Click highlighted section, If this is an emergency, please click here.
Emergency contact information will be displayed.
The Emergency contact information is provided by your property manager.
Enter your maintenance request information with the following guidance.
- Brief Description (Required) - This title will be displayed in any Meld list and visible to the Property Manager.
- Location (Required) - The area that needs work to be done in the Unit (e.g. Kitchen, Bathroom, Living room etc.).
- Category (Required) - The category that this issue falls under (e.g. Appliances, Electrical, Heating/AC, etc.).
- Related to a past meld? - If this maintenance request is related to a past Meld, those Meld titles will be available in the list to select.
- Unit - Displays your Unit address.
- Detailed Description - Additional details visible to the Property Manager or Maintenance Technician (if applicable).
- Do you need to be present? (Required)
If Yes, you have an option to choose the appointment window(s).
If No, Vendor/Maintenance will pick a date/time regardless of your presence.
- NOTE: This option is disabled if the Property Manager has configured Property Meld to never require Tenant Presence.
- Do you have Pets? (Required) - Check Yes if you have any.
If you selected Yes to needing to be present, you will be presented with possible Appointment Windows.
As highlighted, it is recommended that you select as many Appointment Times as possible to make the scheduling process easier for the property manager.
Click REQUEST APPOINTMENT WINDOWS.
IMPORTANT: This is NOT a guarantee of appointment time. After an appointment time has been agreed upon between you and the maintenance technician, you will receive an email message and text notification (if enabled) confirming the scheduled time.